The goal of this training is to bring together youth court coordinators and youth from across the state to strenghten existing youth courts. The morning session will include an informational track for persons interested in starting a youth court.
This year the conference will include:
- Art of Effective Questioning presented by an experienced defense attorney and prosecutor to help youth advocates ask the right questions and follow-up to information presented in court.
- ThinkFirst Program educating young people about their personal vulnerability and the techniques on safe driving and other choices.
- Restorative Justice in Juvenile Diversion, Traffic, School Rule and Truancy Youth Courts
- Implementing a Youth Court for communities interested in establishing a youth court.
- Annual Meeting and Election of Student President and Vice-President.
- Group Trip to Ride Seattle's newest Ferris Wheel.
Margaret Fisher, Administrative Office of the Courts (206) 501-7963 or firstname.lastname@example.org